3rd Annual Fill A Backpack Drive!
Third Annual Fill A Backpack Drive
Backpacks, School Supplies, Sneakers, Sports Equipment
If you do not readily have access to any of the below items, then please consider sending online contributions directly to our distribution location listed below from Walmart, Target, Amazon or some other Internet source, or make a tax deductible donation on our “Donate” button on the top right of this page and let us do the shopping for you!
Packages should be sent by MARCH 3, 2012.
All packages sent will be distributed the week of March 11, 2012 to Reservation Schools and children by students from Colgate University’s Project PEACE (Pine ridgE Aid for ChildrEn), with help from our friends at Re-Member. Please observe our Giving Guidelines set forth on our Shipping Instructions Tab.
ASSEMBLE THE FOLLOWING:
- Please fill with the following: Spiral notebooks, graph paper, calculator, markers, crayons, colored pencils, paper, pens, ruler, arts and craft materials, a journal or diary, a book suitable for the intended age of the recipient.
- Tape a note on the outside of the backpack indicating whether its contents are suitable for a boy or girl and the approximate age group (Elementary, Middle School or High School)
|Satisfied customers; right after opening a box filled with school supplies and crafts!
ADDITIONAL ITEMS NEEDED:
- Sneakers (new and barely used only; they are needed for sports)
- Sports equipment (Frisbees, Soccer Balls, Basketballs, etc.)
- Spring and summer clothing (gift quality new or barely used only)
- Books for school libraries (preschool through High Schools)
LOCAL NY DROP OFF LOCATION:
Scarsdale Congregational Church Parish House
One Heathcote Road
Scarsdale, NY (red brick building at corner of Heathcote and Post Roads)
ADDRESSES FOR MAILING OR SHIPPING:
(Please follow instructions on our Shipping Instructions Tab)
BY US POSTAL MAIL:
Maggie Dunne-Lakota Children’s Drive
P.O. Box 5054
Pine Ridge, SD 57770
BY FED EX OR UPS DELIVERY:Maggie Dunne-Lakota Children’s Drive
5 St. Ann Rd.
Pine Ridge, SD 57770
Suggested ways to MOBILIZE those around you:
- Involve a school: each class can assemble a backpack, supplies and sneakers
- Involve a church, temple or religious organization for a day of service
- Involve a sports team to gather equipment!
- Share notices of your drive: ask store vendors and toy stores to collect donations for you!
- Have a bake sale to raise funds to help pay for shipping!
- Email and/or Facebook Share this notice to everyone you know: ask for ONE item from each!
NEW IN 2012: Want to be recognized as an affiliated chapter? You only have to participate in one event per year and we will feature you on our BLOG!NEW IN 2012: Want to guest blog about your experiences in giving? Send us a picture and a brief description of your effort and what you learned!
Email us at email@example.com