Second Annual Fill A Backpack Drive!!
|Satisfied customers Jetta, Stryker and Cinda
This week marks the launch of Lakota Children’s Enrichment’s Second Annual Fill A Backpack Drive for the children on Pine Ridge. Please take the time to clean your child’s closet and desk. If you do not readily have access to these items, then please consider sending online contributions directly to our distribution location listed below from Walmart, Target, Amazon or some other Internet source (sneakers and school supplies are on sale now and shipping instructions are below). Thank you for your continuing support.
Invite your friends to join this effort, drop off donations if you are local in NY or ship directly through online purchases and take advantage of free shipping options from Walmart, Target, Amazon or your favorite vendor. SHIPMENTS SHOULD BE SENT BEFORE MARCH 6, 2011.
All donations will be distributed to Reservation Schools and children by students from Colgate University’s Project PEACE (Pine ridgE Aid for ChildrEn), with help from our friends at Re-Member.
Please FILL A BACKPACK with any/all of the following:
1. BACKPACKS AND SCHOOL SUPPLIES (including, calculators, binders, spiral notebooks, pens, markers, crayons, folders, arts and craft materials);
2. SPORTS EQUIPMENT (including soccer balls, basketballs, Frisbees, etc.);
3. NEW OR BARELY USED SNEAKERS (children cannot do sports without them);
4. SMALL TOYS – non battery operated only (including trendy jewelry item, hair clips, cards, a small popular item for grades k-12);
5. Children’s CLOTHING, new or barely used – for spring and summer; and
6. Children’s BOOKS (popular reading for all ages).
LOCAL NY DROP OFF LOCATION:
Scarsdale Congregational Church Parish House
One Heathcote Road
Scarsdale, NY (red brick building at corner of Heathcote and Post Roads)
OR SEND ONLINE PURCHASES DIRECTLY TO:
Maggie Dunne-Lakota Children’s Drive (3/12/11)
P.O. Box 5054
5 St. Ann Rd (if street address is needed for shipment)
Pine Ridge, SD 57770
Link to our Facebook Event: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?id=705930208&pid=6142068#!/event.php?eid=193618027318695